Thursday, April 9, 2015

Diary of a GSD (German Shepherd Dog) Entry #7: Just a Little Personal Background



    I am now on my eighth (8th) year in my beloved humans' home.  If I remember it right, I am the 6th pup out of seven offsprings by my mom Chloe and dad Bugoy.  Mom is an intelligent, obedient and charming GSD of my humans' best friends, Sonia and hubby Ruel.  My dad, Bugoy, is a champ lineage blue blood and lives with wonderful, enterprising humans who own a pet shop named after  him.  All my other siblings' names also start with the letter "L" - Lyka, Lisa, etc.. I do not really know what is in the letter "L" that so appealed to Mr. Ruel.  But whatever it was, he sure gave me a wonderful name and I just love it when humans call me by my lovely name...Liraaaa!

     My female human  often tells me about my other sibling, Lyka, who, she said, lives in one of her high school classmate's home.  She says we look so alike in built, hair and cool facial looks.  There are times when I dream of Lyka like we were biting and pulling each other's ears and tails. Our mom, Chloe was very patient with our noisy wrestlings and clutters.  She so gladly fed us a constant supply of delicious mother's milk which helped us gain appealingly large and strong physique.  Growing up, I never remember being a sickly GSD.  My humans made sure of that.

     On my second year in my humans' home, I dated a big, muscular, city boy GSD which resulted in a planned pregnancy that made my humans happy.  After exactly fifty nine (59) days from my dating period, I popped out four (4) healthy offsprings.  Since it was my first time to bring out baby pups, I was pretty nervous, tensed and at a loss of what to do!  Female human was kind enough to help me out, waking up in the wee hours of the morning to make sure that mother and pups are doing, eating and sleeping well.

     I never got pregnant again after my first.  Male human became so awfully busy with livelihood work that he can't accompany me anymore to meet prospective new dates in the city.  But that's okay with me.  I am contented with my life now.  In the many years that I have lived in this cozy, little farm, I made a lot of friends with different species with different languages.  In fact, seeing them almost everyday, I learned a few bird songs, cat tricks, pig oinks and snake hisses when they pass by my hub and greet me "How are you today, Lira!"

     I've come a long way from the first time I stepped on my humans' haven.  From a noisy, impatient snob to an unassuming, quite friendly GSD.  A few close friends here and there make me feel loved and wanted.  Everyone calls me by my first name which is music to my ears.  And I just know that in my humans' affectionate company is a place I call home.  My farm family - a slice of heaven on earth.  This is where I belong.

1 comment:

  1. Family is a slice of heaven on earth..that's what you are to us, Lira.

    ReplyDelete