Saturday, March 7, 2015

Diary of a GSD, Entry #4, The Flooding

Diary of a GSD
Entry #4
The Flooding

Water, water everywhere. The eve of January 14, 2014 was a frenzy dance. People pacing back and forth, loud "evacuate now!" voices coming from different directions..

My female human had to pack up things. "Just the important things", according to my male human, "and hurry up."  Her sister from far away just called up her mom and dad explicitly telling them to get out of the house fast. I overheard that the riverbanks are beyond visibility.  And I can see water running below my little haven. "I have to stay" said my male human. "Whaat!". "What if there's going to be a flash flood like that one in Cagayan de Oro?", my female human became frantic.

And I thought, "what's a flashflood?"  "I HAS NO BRAIN ADULT THIS TIME. ME JUST WANT TO PLAY IN A WATERS DOWN MA HAVEN", I sighed.

"Stop growling Lira" said my female human. While female human is panicky, I have this funny feeling of awesomely rolling down the muddy waters below. "Behave lira, have pity on humans", I remind myself. "Oh, okay".

My female human has to say goodbye to male human as she steps inside her sister's black car. Male human has to stay behind to transfer his extended family to  higher ground. And extended family means Me,


 Jinky and her three pups,


Minggay, the just-recently-adopted cat,


and even the brown hen that's laying  eggs on top of the dirty kitchen. "Okay, promise me you will follow  right away after you have them settled", said my female human. "Okay, don't worry gang. Love u.", said my male human. But female human isn't 100% convinced. She said male human should move fast.

"Mesh, don't forget Sam!" female human's sister, Ms. Lea, shouted to male human.

Sam? Oh, that Sam.


He is Ms. Lea's fluffy half japanese spitz-half pomeranian breed who's not only easily bored of staying indoors, but also complains when his tiny reddish feet collect dust from running outside.  I should know. He once told me by the window when I passed by Ms. Lea's house, "Lira, I wish I has shoes!".  I think this Sam has the OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)flowing in his blood. But I also think he's a funny old dog.

So, after everyone left, "male human will have his hands full whole night tonight," or so I thought.

1 comment: